Organized User Groups
An Organized User Group is defined by the state of Wisconsin as “a group of adults and usually children who are affiliated in some way either through common interest or membership in a club or other organization. There is some familiarity amongst members and leadership within the group, usually along with adult supervision.”
- The cabins are available for rent year round! They have electricity, are lockable and have bunks built into the walls with vinyl covered mattresses. You’ll need to bring your own bedding. There are tables and chairs in the cabins.
- You can see pictures and descriptions of the cabins on Facebook in this photo album… https://campsinawa.com/photos/
- The cost of the cabin rentals are as follows…
- $32 per night for a 4 person cabin
- $48 per night for 6 person cabin
- $80 per night for 10 person cabin
- $300 per night for the 24 person dormitory that has bathrooms, showers and a kitchen stocked with dishes and cooking utensils
- $850 per night for a full camp rental which includes 78 beds in 11 cabins* and the dorm, Fogel Hall, water front and the upper meadow
- The sportsman cabin does not meet building codes for sleeping in and is not counted in the 11 cabins and 78 beds.
- A deposit will be required for reservations. The amount will be put toward your toward your total due at the time of your reservation. It will be refunded if you cancel your reservation more than 90 days ahead of time. The reservation deposit amounts are as follows…
- $10 per night for a 4 person cabin
- $15 per night for 6 person cabin
- $30 per night for 10 person cabin
- $75 per night for the dorm
- $150 per night for the entire camp
- Your reservation is not secure or complete until your deposit and signed waiver have been received.
- The remaining amount will be due upon check in.
- The buildings for camp accommodate 78 people to sleep comfortably in beds. Please bring tents for extra people. To cover the cost of extra supplies, utilities and garbage produced, please plan to pay $15 per night per tent and camper/trailer. That amount can be paid at the time of your reservation and no deposit is required for it.
- There are not traditional tent and camper sites, but there are a few places at camp where we can accommodate them. However, they are NON-ELECTRIC and you should plan to bring batteries or quiet generators for them.
- The Manitowoc Health Department requires the following of “Organized User Groups” (OUGs) staying overnight for recreational and educational camps.
- Certification to be on file for CPR/AED and First Aid person on site
- Camper Health History
- Medication and Treatment Logs
- We are required to keep these documents on file in our office for 2 years. They will be kept in a locking file cabinet and destroyed after that point.
- Also per the Manitowoc Health Department, if your group plans to swim and if there are children in your group that intend to participate in boating activities, you must provide a certified lifeguard (1 per 50 children as well as 1 adult supervisor per 10 children over 6 years old and 1 adult supervisor per 4 children 6 and under). We must have their current credentials on file BEFORE such activity will be permitted.
- Please review carefully this document from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, Division of Food and Recreational Safety. Click this link to be directed to the document… https://datcp.wi.gov/Documents/InfoForOrganizedUserGroupsRecEdCamps.pdf
- You’ll have access to a community kitchen and there is a shower house with flushing toilets. There are cleaning supplies available in both and we ask that every family cooperate with the others to be sure that the facilities are left at least as clean as you would like to find them when you come. There are dishes available for your use in the kitchen, but again, we expect to find them put away and organized when you check out.
- If you plan to use the grills behind the kitchen, please bring propane tanks.
- There is a coin operated wash machine and dryer available for use in the lodge.
- There are canoes and kayaks available for your use. There is a public boat launch down the road if you’d like to bring your own boat. We provide and require life jackets to be worn in any boating activities. To learn about Pigeon Lake and the DNR ordinances, please visit https://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/lakepages/LakeDetail. There is a large pier to enjoy, but not a sandy beach area.
- There are fire pits throughout camp. Firewood is available for purchase on site. Please visit https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/forestfire/restrictions.html before your visit to see if there are any burning restrictions for fire safety.
- There are 200 wooded acres on the other side of Sinawa Road that you are welcome to hike through but PLEASE NOTE: Lands enrolled under Managed Forest Law as “open” to public access allow for hunting, fishing, hiking, sight-seeing and cross-country skiing. Camping and operating motorized vehicles are only allowed with permission from the ranger. It is your responsibility to be aware of hunting season dates and be cautious hiking in land that is open to hunters. Here is a link to the DNR website with the different seasons for all of the different categories. https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/dates.html
- You are welcome to bring bicycles.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a leash and you will be expected to pick up after them. Any damage to the cabins will be charged to you. They are not allowed in the shower house or lodge.
- We have some great Camp Sinawa logo merchandise for sale. Tell your group to come prepared to purchase a few fun things!
- If you fall in love with Camp Sinawa and would like to be more involved, please consider joining the Friends of Sinawa group. They help support camp through fundraising, volunteering and planning activities. To learn more, pick up one of their newsletters that you’ll find in the lodge at camp.
- Please contact me to find available dates that work for you to come enjoy this beautiful land. After that, please print and sign the waiver and mail it in with your deposit to…
9113 Sinawa Road
Valders, WI 54245